It’s a common genre in the gaming market to have a section restricted only for the various problems that come along with the PS4 controller, namely Dualshock 4. Ranging from the analog drifts to easy breakage, it’s all too clear how nightmarish it can be for a PS4 gamer to handle a non-responsive controller.
One of the issues talked about here is the constant blinking of white light from the controller. It can result in being an annoying problem to be dealt with as your controller may not connect with your PS4 and keep flashing the light in your eyes.
Therefore, to get your controller to work back to square one, this article will provide you with all the details needed to carry out the process. So let us take a step forward and dig deeper into the cause of it.
- 1 Why is my PS4 Controller Flashing White?
- 2 What is the PS4 White Light of Death?
- 3 Why is my PS4 Controller Flashing Blue and Not Connecting?
- 4 Guide For PS4 White Light Fix
- 5 To conclude with
- 6 FAQ
Why is my PS4 Controller Flashing White?
To begin with, if you ever find your PS4 controller blinking white, the reasons may be either your controller is dying and needs a charge for a boost up or it is unable to connect with your Playstation console. Both of these issues can be resolved easily without the need to pick apart your controller.
What is the PS4 White Light of Death?
Like every other device and gaming component which has a way to indicate that their death is close around the corner, PS4 has its love language for this nuisance, which is the technical term we call ‘The White Light of Death”.
Normally, a solid white light on your console generally indicates that your PS4 is working just fine and is in power-on mode. But, if you ever catch the solid line blinking much like the headlights, it is usually a sign of trouble for your console. If this issue is not resolved even if you restart your console, it is a sign that there is a system error. This error happens when there is damage done to the HDMI portal or the IC chip and a lack of any connection with the console.
Why is my PS4 Controller Flashing Blue and Not Connecting?
A perfect and solid blue light radiated out by the PS4 controller means that your controller and console have connected. The PS4 controller blinking blue generally defines a problem of a sync failure between devices, either being the PS4 or the controller. This problem can be solved by giving a reset to the problematic device. If it is the controller that is giving you the hard time, then press the reset button built-in behind with a thin object and push it to the reset state.
Guide For PS4 White Light Fix
Here, we shall talk about the five solutions to be followed if you face a problem when your PS4 controller blinks white.
Solution 1: Reset Your PS4 Controller
The basic thing to do when you face any issue with an electronic device is to restart it and check whether the problem is persistent or not. It is a very simple chore to reset the PS4 controller which will be properly described as follows:
- Turn your controller around so the back is exposed for you to work with.
- You will discover a pin-sized hole at the back inside which the reset button will be present.
- Now, taking a hairpin or a toothpick, carefully poke inside the space and press the reset button.
- Wait for few seconds before checking for the PS4 controller blinking white.
- Disconnect the controller and wait for a couple more minutes.
- Turn it on and connect it with the console to check whether the issue is still running in or not.
Solution 2: Using a Micro USB Cable
The next remedy that can be carried out if the reset option does not work is using a micro USB cable to connect the controller with the console. This is an alternative option to be used if your console fails to be connected via Bluetooth.
- Put the PS4 controller to sleep mode which will be indicated by the orange light.
- The console will automatically disconnect so remove the power cable from the socket.
- Press the power button of the console and hold it for some time before connecting your controller with a Micro USB cable to the console and then run it again.
This way, your PS4 controller flashing white will come to a standby solid white color. If the problem still occurs, it may indicate a faulty cable so try it again with another one.
Solution 3: Re-sync Controller at Startup to Fix PS4 Controller Flashing white
The re-syncing of the controller at the startup of the console can be done using a secondary controller. This solution can fix the connectivity hazard your original controller might be facing due to which the PS4 controller keeps blinking white. Follow the steps given below to understand how to carry out the reset process:
- Plugin the second controller properly into the console.
- Go to Settings >’ Device’> ‘Bluetooth.’
- Press share from the first controller and press PS to check if the light is blinking or not.
- Connect the non-working controller to the console and pair the new one.
- Press yes to connect a new device.
Check for the issue to be persistent or not.
Solution 4: Rebuild the PS4 Database
Rebuilding your console’s database not only improves the maintenance of your PS4 but also can be a solution to your PS4 controller blinking white for a chance. The process to be carried is quite simple and can be done by an individual without having to spend too much on a customer care service. The following read will give you an insight into how to conduct a PS4 database rebuild:
- Power off your console.
- Press the power button until you hear two consecutive sounds or progressive blinkings which will indicate your PS4 has entered the safe mode.
- Plugin your Dualshock into the console and press the PS button on it.
- Select the “rebuild database” option using the controller and wait for your console to remove all the unnecessary files and create a fresh database for you.
If there will be any database issues in your controller, this function will edit and remove it so your PS4 controller may go back to normalcy.
By pressing the PS and share button together after resetting your controller will enable it to enter the sync mode. Once the sync mode is activated, the console will automatically connect with your PS4 controller and thus it will stop flashing white if no more connectivity issues happen. This will be indicated via a solid white color or a solid blue color.
To conclude with
We finally come to the conclusion by emphasizing the various methods discussed which can fix the problem of the PS4 controller blinking white. This included the reset of the controller, re-syncing, clearing waste databases from the others. In this manner, we can get back to the daily routine of having our controller connected with the console as well as winning few more matches in Call of Duty without having to wait anymore! Hope this article was helpful and worth the read on your end.
A reason behind your PS4 controller blinking white may be due to the battery shortage and that is an indication for you to plug in your controller for charging. A second plausible cause can be the failure of your controller to connect with the PS4. Such an issue can be fixated by a few methods such as resetting your controller, resyncing, using a cable, or pressing the share button on the controller.
PS4 blinking white, blue, or being solid blue indicates some console error and needs troubleshooting for it to get back to normal. The following steps are to be followed if you face such an issue:
- Unplug the console.
- Wait for a minute and then plug it back in.
If the trouble persists, it’s better to reinstall the software and run it again.
When you catch your PS4 controller blinking yellow or orange it usually means that your controller is in the reset mode or sleep mode. You can restart your controller by switching it off and then on. If the color still blinks after a few minutes of usage, that indicates that your controller has lost network connection or failure to operate.