Why does YouTube keep pausing: Alright, YouTube is a leading brand in the online media streaming industry. It has now grown into a large platform that has content creators in a global league. Millions of people visit YouTube daily. It is the primary means of refreshment for some.
YouTube has a fabulous user interface and a fantastic experience. With countless hours of content, no one can get bored out of it. However, some users face problems while watching their favorite videos on YouTube. The video keeps stopping automatically, and the users wonder “Why does YouTube keep pausing“.
This is a growing issue with android as well as desktop users. Therefore, in this article, we have come up with several ways that will fix YouTube keeps pausing on your device. You will learn what the cause of this problem is and how to stop YouTube from breaking Autoplay.
- 1 Why Does Youtube Keep Pausing on Android and PC
- 2 Is my device broken if Youtube keeps Pausing
- 3 Stop youtube from pausing Autoplay
- 4 Final Words
Why Does Youtube Keep Pausing on Android and PC
Despite being the best video streaming platform, YouTube also has a couple of issues associated with it. One of them is the pausing of a video automatically. Many users have faced this issue till now and have found different causes for the problem.
- Internet issues – The first and foremost cause of the “YouTube keeps pausing” issue is problems with the internet speed. The video may stop automatically if the YouTube application is not able to load the next chunk of the video.
This can happen because of slow internet or high usage of your bandwidth. The media may buffer or even stop playing if the YouTube client doesn’t get enough data transmission speed.
- Browser issues – There may be a situation when your browser is not allowing the YouTube video to play efficiently. This may happen because of faulty browser extensions, invalid cache or cookies, etc.
So, it is advised to keep your browser state new by regularly updating the browser and its components. Also, cache and cookie data must be periodically cleared to stop YouTube from pausing Autoplay. Consider playing the same video using another browser or in incognito mode.
- Headphone issues – If you use a headphone while playing the YouTube video, the pausing of video may be caused by a bad headphone jack.
- YouTube issues – YouTube encounters technical problems and bugs from time to time. This may affect the playback of the video from their servers.
- Other software issues – There may be a case where a third party application on your system is trying to download large files from the internet. Softwares such as Backup and restore, Updating app, can tamper with your internet speed. Thus, providing you insufficient bandwidth to play videos.
Is my device broken if Youtube keeps Pausing
If you face YouTube pausing video issues on your android device or desktop, then don’t worry, it does not mean that your device is broken. This might be a technical or a software fault either on your device or the YouTube servers.
Stop youtube from pausing Autoplay
If you are sick of pressing the play button every time the video is paused, then this section will help you. Knowing what causes the problem might be a great start, to begin with. To ensure that, we have listed all the possible causes of this issue in the above section.
After researching and browsing a number of forums on the internet, we found various questions where users have wondered why does youtube keep pausing. There are several solutions to this issue.
To fix this problem permanently, you need to repair the possible cause of the issue.
1. Fix internet issues
Your network may be the reason why you are facing YouTube pausing problems on your desktop. There are a number of ways to fix the internet on your device.
To do so, try
- Closing other applications that might be using the internet.
- Flushing your DNS settings from the command prompt.
- Shifting to a high-speed internet connection.
2. Fix browser issues
If you face YouTube keep pausing issue because of the wrong configuration in your browser, then you might want to clear and set your browser state to new. This may involve clearing your browser cache and resetting the browser settings.
How to Reset Browser Settings
If you have planned to reset your browser settings, then you can follow the below-given steps carefully.
- Fire up Google Chrome on your system.
- Click on More at the top right of your screen.
- Select Settings.
- Scroll down and click on Advanced Settings.
- Select Reset Browser Settings.
You can reset your Google Chrome browser settings back to default by entering “chrome://settings/resetprofilesettings” into the address bar of your browser and clicking on the “Reset” button.
How to clear Browser data
To clear browsing data, follow the given steps.
- Fire up Google Chrome on your system.
- Click on the More option at the top right of your screen.
- Select More Tools and then Clear Browsing Data.
- Select All Time as the time range.
- Check all the provided options.
- Clear the Data.
3. Free Up Memory
Memory is a crucial resource for your system. You have to manage it efficiently, or it may result in unexpected problems.
Free Up Memory on Android
To free up unwanted memory on your android smartphone, follow the small guide below.
- Open the Settings app on your phone.
- Tap on the Storage option.
- Tap on Free up space.
- Select the items that you want to delete.
- Tap Free Up to clear the memory.
Free Up Memory on the Desktop
- Press “Ctrl” + “Alt” + “Del” on your keyboard.
- On the next screen, select Task Manager.
- A window will be presented. Click on the Processes tab.
- Sort the running processes by memory. Search for programs that you don’t recognize.
- Stop those processes to free up memory.
4. Fix Headphone Issues
If the YouTube keep pausing issue occurs because of a faulty headphone or earphone, then consider using other headphones instead of the one you are using now. In case you don’t have new headphones, you can try playing the video by plugging out your current headphone. If the problem persists, then try other methods.
So that was our take on “Why does YouTube keep pausing“. This is a well-known issue that many Android and desktop users have faced. The problem is caused by faults in the internet, youtube servers, browser, hardware parts, or your device memory.
We have provided a step-by-step guide that you can implement to stop youtube from pausing Autoplay.